The owners have dropped the price on this wonderful country - lake home from $325,000 down to only $245,000! The $80,000 reduction in price makes this an amazing bargain! This type of executive home couldn't be built for less than the $65 per square foot sale price!
Rarely does a lake view country home in Southwestern Kansas ever come up for sale. One with close proximity to a golf course and recreation area could be your dream property. Even more rare is a nearly new 3,780 square foot, 5 bedroom, 4 bath, custom built home with exercise room and spacious office. The home includes many special features such as granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, luxurious floor coverings and excellent floor plan.
The following are some of the most interesting features of the executive home that is located in the exclusive Comanche Estates development at Lake Coldwater, just southwest of the friendly Comanche County community of Coldwater, Kansas.
· Covered front porch deck with a view of the lake & views of the country
· Beautiful entry way with coat closet and custom front door with electronic door lock
· Large living room with vaulted ceilings, custom made, remote controlled gas fireplace
· Dining area with beautiful bay window and custom cabinets with wine rack
· Custom kitchen with island, granite counter tops, large pantry and stainless steel appliances
· Office that faces the lake, with full bathroom and beautiful lake view from large picture window
· Large master bedroom with 11’ coffered ceiling, French doors, ceiling fan with remote and En Suite bathroom
· Master bath with granite top, his & her sinks, 8’ custom tiled dual shower & large walk-in closet
· Hallway with built-in storage cabinets and 9’ ceilings
· Two large bedrooms with lake views and large closets
· Third full bathroom that services bedrooms and living area
· Main floor utility room with laundry located between kitchen area and garage entry
· Very large family room – multimedia area that is wired for surround sound
· Exercise room with area for television and specialty equipment
· Two spacious bedrooms with large closets. One has egress window and escape ladder
· Fourth full bathroom with granite sink that services bedrooms and basement area
· Workshop area with work bench and extra storage
· Concrete safe room with reinforced steel door
· Mechanical room with high efficiency heating & air conditioning, water heater & water softener, sump pumps
· Three car garage with 24’ width and half with 43’ depth, work bench, insulated garage door & 2 outside doors
· Garage has extra high ceilings that would accommodate a car lift
· Electronic keypad entry to garage and electric garage door opener
The current owner has kept this property in nice condition. It is ready to move into and would make a great family home, spacious vacation home, relaxing country home, beautiful hunting lodge or quiet escape for those in their retirement years.
This very well maintained lake home is located at 2002 Tomahawk Trail, a short drive to stores and restaurants in Coldwater, Kansas. The property is conveniently located just a mile west of US Highway 183 & 160 and across the lake from the Coldwater Golf Course. Please see the property map for driving directions and distances. Coldwater Lake patrons are allowed to drive golf carts to and from the golf course and into town, if properly registered with the city. Home owners in the Comanche Estates development are provided with two free vehicle lake passes each year. There are no homeowner’s association dues, but the development does have reasonable restrictive covenants in place.
The home is serviced by electricity, cell phone service, high speed Internet, satellite television, city sewer and water and propane gas. The home has ample spray foam insulation which has resulted in amazingly low utility bills. The property taxes are subject to a graduated tax abatement program with 6 years remaining.
There is a large garden area to the south west of the home and a very large privacy fenced back yard. Piers have been placed for the future construction of a large deck area for entertaining. The deck area is also wire for ceiling fans and piped for propane.
This property is conveniently located in a private housing area along the west side of Coldwater Lake which is located near Coldwater, not far from the famous the Red Hills Scenic Byway. The city lake and park is situated in the rolling hills and woods of the scenic Gypsum Hills region of the state. The surrounding area offers rugged beauty and stunning vistas. Coldwater Lake is the best kept secret in Kansas and very popular with people of Southwest Kansas and Northwestern Oklahoma.
The 250-acre lake and 930-acre park provide anglers and outdoors people with lots of enjoyable activities. Annual fish stocking is handled by the Kansas Wildlife and Parks Commission. The lake is located next to a beautiful 10 hole golf course, with very low green fees.
The city of Coldwater provides excellent public schools and a welcoming small town atmosphere. This could be your new luxury lake home in the historic Red Hills.
· 65 miles to the southeast of Dodge City, Kansas
· 62 miles to the north of Woodward, Oklahoma
· 128 miles southwest of Wichita, Kansas
· 202 miles northwest of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
· 323 miles southwest of Kansas City, Kansas
· 407 miles northwest of Dallas, Texas
· 432 miles southeast of Denver, Colorado
To view the property or to gain additional information, please reach out to listing agent Dave Rose at our United Country Red Hills Realty & Auction, LLC office at 600 S. Central, Coldwater, Kansas 67029. Thanks for your interest in this property. If you know of anyone thinking of buying or selling real estate please let us know.
Coldwater, Kansas – The Way Life Should Be!